At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- Create responsive and accessible web front-ends with a mobile-first mindset
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to implement intuitive user experiences
- Help define strategic outcomes and lead projects that will drive value for our platform stakeholders, and help us meet business objectives
- Contribute to our development process, and tooling
- Contribute to our back-end services and distributed systems as needed
- 5+ years experience in a full time Engineering role
- Comfortable with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python
- Experience building responsive front-ends for the web
- Experience writing back-end code for APIs and distributed services
- Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
Nice to Have
- Ability to think of business concerns beyond engineering, and experience working with multi-functional teams
- Passion for design and strong desire to contribute to a distributed team
- Experience with data-stores such as MongoDB, MySQL, DynamoDB, etc.
- A passion for building and supporting positive, inclusive and safe online spaces
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $180,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.