At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- You have a deep understanding of building and shipping complex product experiences on frequently updated business critical iOS apps.
- You enjoy implementing elegant user interfaces with an attention to detail.
- You have experience writing software involving the manipulation of media - both image and video
- You enjoy partnering with Design and Product teams to prototype, implement, and iterate on delightful product experiences.
- You are always looking for ways to improve the way product is created and built and you champion new initiatives to improve the craft of engineering
- You enjoy mentoring other developers and thrive in environments that are “team first”
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the conception, planning, and implementation of new creative tool features.
- Architect and implement solutions for interactively manipulating images, video, and mixed media.
- Build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality.
- Deliver solutions both in collaboration with other engineers or independently, depending on the scope and schedule of the project.
- 5+ years of experience working on mobile applications on iOS (Swift and/or Objective-C)
- Experience owning projects end-to-end from initial prototypes to customer roll out
- Professional experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Cross functional experience collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Experience working with media manipulation frameworks on iOS such as AVFoundation, Core Image/Video/Audio, and Metal
- Experience collaborating with other engineers: iOS, Android, server, and web
Nice to have
- Experience writing C++
- OpenGL, 3D rendering, and matrix-based transformations experience
- Understanding of 3D rendering and matrix-based transformations
- Experience integrating 3rd party tools for media manipulation
- Familiarity with Android to facilitate cross-platform design discussions
Job Perks & Compensation
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $180,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.