Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you'll do
- Partner with the Chief Architect and engineering team to help design, build, and evolve the core banking/lending infrastructure for a bank for all of us
- Design and build scalable distributed solutions that our customers can build their lives around
- Work with product managers to understand business requirements to build the next-generation banking/lending platform
- Lead large-scale projects from ideation to creation with a customer-first mindset
- Identify areas of opportunity and innovation and take these projects to the finish line
- Mentor engineers and help build a tech culture that makes magical products
- Define technical strategy with a drive to improve products, infrastructure, processes, or organizations
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and product teams
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 15+ years of industry experience in software development leading large and strategic high-impact areas in business
- Technical leadership and ownership in bringing multiple engineering functions to production
- Experience with scalable, distributed systems with a test-first approach
- Deep understanding of microservices and event-driven architectures
- Experience in strong consistency in a distributed environment, transactional databases, and caching systems
- Deep understanding of the software security practices
Technologies we use
- Java, Kotlin
- Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate.
- AWS - EKS, S3, SNS, SQS, KMS
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes, Istio
- Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Jira, Confluence
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants:
Apps Banking Financial Services FinTech