Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer II to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Provide support for infrastructure usage to application developers as part of Uplight's Site Reliability Engineering team.
- You will be on a team focused on SLI development, Automation, toil elimination, incident response, root cause analysis, and APM instrumentation.
- Learn and be mentored by experienced engineers and establish strong relationships with application development customers.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will partner with other SREs to find software improvements using your knowledge in software development, complexity analysis, and scalable system design.
- Build APM and observability instrumentation that allows the entire engineering team to detect deviations in performance.
- Learn and support Uplight’s cloud architecture to ensure reliability and ease of use for our Application and Platform development teams.
- Support other team members in the successful completion of technical initiatives.
- Support and contribute to the definition of patterns, best practices, and strategies for continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of architectures for virtual machines, containers, and serverless infrastructure.
- Solve problems that require creativity and collaboration to find the right solution for Uplight.
- Support and maintain SRE (DevOps) best practices across Uplight product lines.
- Collaboratively participate with team members to identify areas for improvement and build solutions.
- Work with architects and product development teams to design reliable services.
- Identify opportunities to improve automation for the company; scoping and building automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our customers.
- Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services in a large multi-cloud environment.
- Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes.
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are a software engineer who is learning to solve problems with code.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Experience developing in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Knowledge of shell scripting and development languages (Python, Ruby, JSON, Java, Node.JS).
- Entry-level experience with container orchestration tools and practices (Kubernetes, DC/OS, Docker Swarm).
- Entry-level experience with container infrastructure automation tools (Helm, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience supporting DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Entry-level experience in a Software Development role.
- Experience with APM tools and understanding the difference between APM and Infrastructure monitoring tools is preferred.
- GCP/AWS Professional certifications (Architect, DevOps, Developer)
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $100,000 to $130,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.