Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Provide automated and orchestrated management of all SaaS platforms and technical solutions to complex problems that require creativity and dedication.
- Provide guidance and expertise to product developers as part of Uplight's Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Leading and contributing to AWS & GCP architecture, development, maintenance, automation, and orchestration for platform services.
- Responsible for ensuring that assignments are delivered on schedule and in accordance with Uplight quality standards, you may also function in a project leadership role.
- Contribute to the definition and enforcement patterns, best practices and strategies for source control structure, branching and CI/CD.
- Contribute to the definition of patterns for developer environments to ensure consistency across all products and in production builds.
- Define, promote, and maintain SRE & DevOps best practices across the Uplight organization and product lines.
- Participate with Architects, product development teams, and other SRE team members to build design and support services and expand the SaaS portfolio.
- Working in Jira to manage workflow and escalated technical issues.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- As our Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will play an integral part in improving the efficiency and way we work in our infrastructure.
- You will play an important role in making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes.
- You are passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services in a large multi-cloud environment.
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, and you’re skilled in solving problems with code.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 3-5 years of experience developing production-level applications or automated deployment pipelines using Infrastructure as Code in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google).
- At least 3 years of experience in DevOps practices and platform engineering for commercial applications.
- At least 3 years of experience in server administration (Linux).
- At least 3 years of experience in scripting or development languages (Bash, Python, Go).
- At least 3 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Experience with container orchestration tools and practices (Kubernetes).
- Experience with container infrastructure automation tools (Helm, Terraform).
- Experience in Cloud Network engineering.
- Experience in Observability (Datadog, Newrelic, Splunk, and/or Promstack).
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $130,000 to $150,000
In accordance with Canadian market data the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.