Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Toronto, Ontario, New York, Reno, Nevada, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift credit department’s mission is to facilitate sustainable growth, develop strong customer relationships, and protect the company’s margins and profits to maximize the value of the company’s accounts receivable. This is accomplished by minimizing exposure to bad debt and maintaining an acceptable level of risk by quickly and accurately processing credit applications, reviewing the credit worthiness of new and existing customers and setting appropriate credit limits and terms.
What You Will Do and Achieve
- Writes clean code and tests, iterating based on feedback
- Debugs effectively within their primary area to help find the root cause
- Develop scalable Lambda services that integrate with both internal and external systems
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Participate in technical design and code reviews - learn from, and teach your peers
Who You Are
- 1-2+ years of experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent
- Experience in developing web services, REST, Microservices (Lambda), and databases (DynamoDB is a plus)
- Experience with Python or high-level language
- Familiar with developing in a cloud service environment (AWS)
- Learning to work collaboratively on a team and communicate in meetings
- Build readable, with good test coverage, production level code and reusable libraries
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep into the details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
Life at Uplift
- Health Insurance and RRSP plan: some plans cover 99-100% premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance and a RRSP
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible, remote-first work culture. Uplift fosters a culture where employees can achieve both their professional and personal goals. This balance is especially true for our working parents
- Shared Success: competitive salary and Pre-IPO stock options
- Health and Wellness Perks: Uplift is proud to reimburse our employees for exercise, wellness products and activities as well as free counseling and coaching for physical, mental and emotional support
- Professional Development: We are committed to the growth and development of all of our employees. Uplift invests in professional conferences, certifications, and training for employees who want to grow in their careers
- Pick-A-Perk: money that can go towards something of your choosing within tuition reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, vacation savings account, charitable donations, or home office expenses
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
E-Commerce Finance FinTech Information Services Information Technology Payments Travel