Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data engineers operate at the forefront of this by creating datasets that inspires analysis across all of Twitch. You will shape the way that our performance is measured, defining how we transform our data, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our central analytics team, which is focused on empowering staff throughout Twitch to use and trust our data. Your responsibilities may range from developing and enhancing our data warehouse which act as sources of truth across the company, driving data quality across product departments and teams, building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for analysts, and connecting into data interfaces that allow everyone in Twitch to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and will report to the Director of Central Analytics.
This position can also be located in Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT and remote.
- Define and own team level data architecture for trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions.
- Identify opportunities in the current Twitch data ecosystem and drive new initiatives end-to-end
- Keep existing data sources fresh against data quality issues, design data quality assurance framework and improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Lead unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources to validate data against source systems, and optimize performance to improve query speed and reduce cost.
- Improve search, discovery and literacy: Create exploration and visualization interfaces in our BI tools and promote the use of these sources across the company through training programs.
- Improve business and engineering team processes through data architecture, engineering, test, and best practices. Make enhancements that improve data processes.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles.
- 5+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- Experience leading and driving programs and vision within the data space
- 5+ years of experience maintaining data pipelines from multiple data sources, in collaboration with diverse partners.
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Experience working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, or Redshift
- Experience coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $123,700 year in our lowest geographic market up to $$240,500 year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7971