Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on the Video RTC Tools team you will report directly to the VP of Video Clients.
You will work with engineering and product teams to understand tooling needed to build, test and debug our real-time-video system. You will build tooling in order to validate and support the large variety of mobile devices needed to support Twitch Guest Star.
This position can be located in (San Francisco, CA), Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Design, implement and deploy tests and tooling for our RTC video system (WebRTC)
- Leverage web technologies like WebRTC, WebTransport, Web Assembly
- Solve challenges around real-time communication protocols interoperability
- Rigorously measure the impact of new features, learning from data and converting insights into improvements
- Improve tooling between client / server interaction
- 3+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise
- Expertise with modern web technologies like TypeScript, ES6, Webpack, and NPM
- Strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals such as Async programming, object-oriented design, abstractions, software design and multiple testing methodologies
- Experience working with web media APIs like WebRTC, Media Source Extensions, Encrypted Media Extensions, WebCodecs
- Experience working on video conferencing products
- Experience working on B2B SaaS products
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7985