Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our Kiosk team in Dublin. This new team builds experiences which enable Toastʼs customers to meet the needs of their guests via a front-of-house Kiosk, with a mission to deliver an industry-best experience. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
We are looking for an engineer with the ability and drive to have an impact and master their craft. Your team will be tasked with building scalable, reliable and high-quality features to create an engaging, intuitive and delightful experience for restaurant staff and their guests.
If you want to be at the fore of creating something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building Android applications using modern technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech stack while writing world-class applications
- Championing best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Ensure that all work done by the team is delivered with quality and is appropriately monitored and supported in production
- Mentor other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Passionate about building great software
- Proficient in Java or Kotlin Android development
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD)
- Experience with Selenium or Espresso testing
- Experience delivering high-quality, reliable services to production
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Familiar with traditional databases and alternative data stores
- Familiar with modern web standards and technologies (e.g. React, Typescript)
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Hybrid workplace
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- A core of Java & Kotlin-based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.