At Tinybird, we enable developers and data teams to harness the power of realtime data and quickly build data pipelines and data products. With Tinybird, you can ingest multiple sources of data at scale, query and shape it using the 100% pure SQL you already know and love, and publish the results as low-latency, high-concurrency APIs that you consume in your applications. Developers can create fast APIs, faster. What used to take hours and days now only takes minutes. Tinybird is the indispensable tool that data engineers and software developers have been waiting for.
Our founding team has deep expertise building cloud and data intensive products serving organizations all over the world, and we are backed by great team members and investors who have built or are building some of the most relevant developer tools out there (including the Founders of GitHub, Algolia, and Vercel, amongst others).
Being a remote-first company with over 60 birdies from different nationalities, we believe our strength lies in cultivating a diverse environment. Everyone at Tinybird plays a role in forming and executing our strategy, and we truly believe our globally diverse workforce is the key to unlocking the most value for our customers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to join the team as a Backend engineer that:
- Is a highly-experienced Backend engineer building complex web applications. The language is not important, we use Python and C++ today, but we are not tied to anything.
- Write code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and engineer prototypes quickly. Speed always wins.
- Contributes to engineering efforts from planning and organization, to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems.
- Loves data and SQL.
How could your typical day look like
Tinybird is full of early birds (pum intended). We wake up early to read email and catch up with all the basecamp notifications, tickets and so on (other times some of us just go for a run).
We use Basecamp for daily coordination and planning, GitLab for issue tracking and milestones, and Google Docs to discuss things like product decisions. There is always something to read and discuss. We like meetings but we don't like too many meetings, that's why a few meetings are open to everyone within the company (Customer success, product status and our bi-weely townhall) while we focus on creating small and productive teams for solving problems.
We talk about product every day. It needs to be a balance between today and tomorrow's problems so the vision of someone that is working with the product to fix real problems is crucial (that'd be you as well).
Our product design approach is quite simple: someone proposes a solution to a problem something, explains why it's important and describes how it would work. Then, everyone else asks questions and we decide if that makes sense or not. You'll be part of this, of course.
We participate as part of the oncall team, to understand not only our product, but also the issues our clients face.
We also take time to write blog posts about how to do things with our product. It's hard to keep up with the pace, especially if we have a problem or an unexpected client request, but writing those helps us a lot.
Some bits about the way we work
- We are a fully remote company, and not just because of COVID19. All of our previous companies were remote friendly companies.
- We give you up to 2400€ to get the right setup at home if you need it
- We are just starting up so your work will impact everything we do. We also believe in full transparency and you will always know what is going on
Here you have our company principles.
We try to simplify the process as much as we can, and we don't like to extend it with any candidate more than two weeks (if the whole process is completed):
- First contact meeting: where you will meet Tinybird engineering manager.
- Test: simple async test, where there is no limited time (although we encourage to not spend more than 4 hours).
- Second meeting: to comment the Test Code and deep dive into the solution
- People manager meets you to introduce you Tinybird’s culture and solve any doubt that comes up…. then , we make you an offer.
- That's it!
- A competitive package, including Stock Options.
- Up to 96k depending on experience.
- 22 days of holiday a year (plus your birthday and public holidays), but... who's counting?
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. This time, we are looking for people based in the time zone range: UTC -2 to UTC +3.
How to apply
Fill up the form at the end or send us an email telling us a bit about yourself, and asking us whatever you need to know about the problem we are trying to solve, the company, your role, etc...