Who We Are
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a mid-level to senior-level Full-Stack developer to join our rapidly growing tech team in supporting thrivecausemetics.com and thrivecausemetics.ca - with more to come.
The ideal candidate has experience working with Shopify Liquid or another templating language. While the engineer will own a portion of Thrive Causemetics’ codebase, the size of the team means that the candidate will occasionally need to work outside their area of expertise.
- Develop robust new features using HTML / Liquid, CSS, and vanilla JS and find creative ways to work around Shopify’s limitations
- Collaborate with Product Team to ensure new features are adminable and built to their standards
- Collaborate with the UX Design Team to ensure new features match their vision and intended user experience
- Help improve and maintain coding and workflow standards for the Development Team
- Call out, diagnose and resolve site speed offenders, code quality issues, and bugs in an efficient and timely manner
- Work with the greater Technology Team to better design processes and documentation standards that improve efficiency while cultivating good communication
- Build, maintain, and secure node apps, connectors, and middleware
- Give and take feedback from the Product Team, UX Design Team, and other developers
- Assist Engineering Manager in mentoring junior colleagues
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Shopify theme development
- Experience with SASS / SCSS
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and tools
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Shopify app development
- Experience safely handling PII (both sensitive and non-sensitive)
- Experience with web authentication and web security best practices
- Experience with JAMstack + web components
- Familiarity with building + scaling applications on Netlify
Why Thrive Causemetics?
- 401k & up to 4% company match
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Life Insurance Policy at no cost
- Employer paid Short-term disability & Long-term disability plans at no cost
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion training
- Employee discount
- Health & Wellness Workshops
- Mental health resources; Calm app is provided for free
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Thrive Causemetics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate with regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), age, marital status, military and veteran status, status as an individual with a disability (physical and/or mental), and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
As required by C.R.S. 8-5-201(2): (Colorado only) The minimum pay for this role is $100,000. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Beauty Charity Cosmetics