TheGuarantors is a cutting edge fintech company setting the standard in rent coverage with unrivaled insurance products, with a deep understanding of owner, operator, and renter needs. We believe renters deserve better access to the home of their dreams and operators deserve greater protection and growth opportunities. That’s why we’re leveraging our expertise in real estate and using AI-based technology to help operators qualify renters faster while mitigating the risk of rental income loss. With $2B+ in rent and deposits guaranteed, we have been named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies, one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employees, and one of Deloitte’s 2022 Technology Fast 500.
We are seeking a senior backend engineer to join our Internal Support platform team. This team is reshaping the tools and processes our back office staff uses to onboard and manage client data. We want people who are hard-working, love problem-solving, and passionate about handling large volumes of data, and the engineering challenges in building distributed cloud systems.
If you’ve designed sophisticated scalable systems, or worked with great teams on hard problems, or are just interested in tackling complex technical problems - come join us.
This is a hybrid position located at 1 WTC, New York, NY 10007
- Architect, implement and maintain engineering solutions within an AGILE working environment.
- Lead individual project priorities, challenges and solutions.
- Work with Product Owners to refine abstract business requirements and turn them into tasks.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans.
- Write clean, well tested code!
- Promote engineering standards, methodologies and principles
- Champion team needs and get involved with strategic decisions.
- Learn GoLang!
- 5+ years of relevant production work experience in back-end web development.
- Preferably using GoLang or Typescript already
- Track record of success in terms of ability to execute large projects.
- Strong knowledge of API technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with SQL technologies; understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Event-Driven Architectures; Kafka, streams, queues
- Good knowledge of System Design
Nice to have
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Familiarity with best practices of SRE (e.g. SLOs, KPIs, postmortems, incident management, toil reduction, etc.).
- Experience owning technical roadmaps and initiatives, and leading cross-team guilds.
Other Jobs from TheGuarantors
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member