The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Lead the electrical design effort for all infrastructure such as tunnel lighting, power, backup power, and building/maintenance facilities.
- Complete the drafting, calculation, and stamping of plans.
- Interface with regulators to obtain all required permits.
- Interface with local utilities for electrical service upgrades.
- Assist in selection and procurement of electrical equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in the state of Nevada or licensure through reciprocity.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role and 3+ years as an engineer-of-record.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
The Boring Company
Construction Infrastructure Transportation