Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies that change the world. We bring together the greatest scientific minds with entrepreneurial company builders and assemble the capital to allow them to take courageous leaps. Those big leaps in human health and sustainability exponentially accelerate scientific progress in areas ranging from cancer detection and treatment to nature-positive agriculture.
What sets Flagship apart is our ability to advance biotechnology by uniting life science innovation, company creation, and capital investment under one roof in a way that is largely without precedent. Our scientific founders, entrepreneurial leaders, and professional capital managers are each aligned around an institutionalized process that enables us to innovate and transform for the benefit of people and planet.
Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity’s most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID-19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture.
Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies.
FL100 a privately held, early-stage company pioneering the use of artificial intelligence-based agents to transform human innovation and creativity.
We are backed by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and builds companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform health care, agriculture, and sustainability. Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies since 2000, including Moderna.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and talented Senior Machine Learning Engineer. The successful candidate will lead the development and application of cutting-edge machine learning (ML) paradigms to create autonomous agent-based AI systems. The position is ideal for someone with a deep interest in driving innovation in building agents with large language models (LLMs). You will be at the forefront of extending the power of LLMs beyond generating text, images, and code to build lifelong-learning systems in high-value realms of human innovation and creativity.
In this role, you will:
- Design, deploy, and maintain a robust and scalable data management pipeline, setting rigorous standards for data quality control. The pipeline must securely process data from multiple enterprise clients.
- Establish an automated pipeline for model training, validation, and deployment capable of running numerous fine-tuned LLMs simultaneously during inference.
- Research and pilot an agent behavioral analysis pipeline to ensure alignment of AI agents.
Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, team environment and display a clear passion for AI innovation and impact. The role offers a unique opportunity to help drive the strategy of an early stage AI-focused company. The candidate must be an entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and purpose-driven individual. The successful candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in ML as well as demonstrated high-impact research in academia or industry. S(he) must exhibit strong collaboration and communication skills. S(he) should be ready to champion new ideas and lead breakthrough AI/ML method development in a very dynamic and innovative environment.
You would be able to openly collaborate with Pioneering Intelligence, a strategic initiative within Flagship Pioneering dedicated to AI/ML research and innovation. You will have an opportunity to work with world-class ML scientists and engineers who work on cutting-edge AI research in generative modeling and large language models.
Candidates should have experience and interest in:
- Independently planning and successfully implementing long-term ML innovation projects.
- Developing scalable ML products that will be deployed to many users to enable continuous feedback loops.
- Working closely with other ML scientists and software engineers to build ML products.
- Building infrastructure to accelerate or enable ML research.
- MS or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or other related fields.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in industry (ideally at a technology startup or large company) designing and building production-ready ML systems.
- Track record of innovation in deep learning, particularly with large language models.
- Fluency in Python and standard ML tools and packages.
- Motivated and team oriented, with an ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to think independently and work collaboratively.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies, each with the potential for multiple products that transform human health or sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $90 billion in aggregate value. Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity’s most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID-19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture. Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. Learn more about Flagship at www.flagshippioneering.com.
Other Jobs from Tessera Therapeutics
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results