Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
To support the development of its game-changing technology, Tenable is looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test.
At Tenable our mission is to help businesses stay safe, by detecting security vulnerabilities early and help our customers manage risk and prioritize resolution efforts.
- Cybersecurity: Evolve in a fascinating environment where business experts are also Engineers. Do something good by defending businesses around the world. Learn daily about new attack patterns and software vulnerabilities.
- Identity: The product you’ll work on revolves around Identity management, allowing security teams to understand who has permissions on what throughout SAAS and IAAS applications.
- Innovation: Our product is at the cutting edge of technology, implementing the most innovative cybersecurity techniques in vulnerability assessment, entitlement visualization and standards compliance tracking and much more
- Modern technical stack: Github, Terraform, AWS, Splunk, Datadog, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm, Kotlin, Typescript, Snowflakes, Elastic Search, Kafka, Python…
- Tests automation: Component and end to end tests run in our deployment pipelines ensuring for an always working software.
- Service Architecture: Our architecture is made of several services that communicates through HTTP APIs and Apache Kafka
- Modern DevOps tooling: We build containers with Docker, run them in Kubernetes. We use Jenkins for our build pipelines and deploy automatically to QA environments and production. And all of this is living inside AWS, with the help of Terraform
- Continuous deployment: We work on a quick release cycle and strive at delivering short batches of innovation.
- Data centric: Monitoring customer’s permission infrastructure, we collect a lot of data to conduct complex security analysis. For us, complexity often revolves around handling this data, from collection to presentation and prioritization.
- You will work with a team composed of 1 senior automation engineer and software engineer in test. Our team works closely with development teams and Site Reliability Engineer team.
- Customer centric: Delivering on a regular basis new innovative features is at the heart of our strategy. Development teams are working closely with the Product Owner and UX Designer to ensure we prioritize well and put our efforts in the features that matters for our customers.
- Mature: hundreds of engineers are working on Tenable security products. Among them several have 10+ years experience in their domain. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn and share with your new teammates.
- Full stack: The team is composed of engineers of all backgrounds. Some are specialized in the Frontend, Backend, Data Engineering, Quality Assurance or DevOps. We acknowledge these specialties, but we welcome all efforts to expand your scope of activity.
As part of your mission, you will join the Tenable Identity Exposure QE team whose goal is to qualify new features as they are built, including their automation.
In this mission you’ll be guided and challenged by our amazing QA community. By sharing with our teams, we want you to further your skills and make others benefit from your unique perspective and knowledge.
You will be responsible for:
- Design scenarios based on product specification and Tenable’s tech stack
- Improve our manual and automated test cases based on your findings and the product specification
- Perform manual test cases on new features, exploration sessions, …
- Work closely with the development team to identify and qualify issues into clear actionable bug reports
- Implement automated tests, with good reports and efficient CI in mind
- Being a force of proposal for the Team, continuously looking for ways to improve the quality of the product
What you'll need:
- A real QA mindset
- Test plans & test cases designing skills
- Being comfortable with API testing
- Fluent in basic SQL queries
- Automation skills or high willingness to learn automation
- Not being afraid of technical environment and eager to learn new technical things
- Delivery-oriented with a high interest in providing reliable results to its teammate
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Comfortable with data thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business English capabilities
- Test Automation experience: designing, coding, maintaining
- Experience with Cypress, Cucumber...
- Understanding AWS and/or Active Directory and or ENtra ID Identities concepts
- Familiarities with Docker, Kubernetes, microservices architectures
- Familiarities with the Atlassian suite: Jira, Xray, Confluence…
- Familiarity with monitoring solutions, Datadog, Splunk, etc..
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
Other Jobs from Tenable
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results