As a DevOps in the Global Bank Team, you’ll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's own digital bank by taking part in an autonomous and cross-functional DevOps team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for building, maintaining and automating infrastructure for critical bank operations, supporting and empowering our developer’s teams. You will experience the journey of shifting legacy systems to containerized microservices.
We're looking for someone who's excited about tackling automation complexity and collaborating with other engineers, someone who enjoys taking ownership of their work and shaping the future of the Platform. In the Global Bank tribe, we create business accounts for SumUp's merchants across the globe that offers services and products that are accessible to all and are offered in a fair, transparent and honest way. We want to do banking differently from how it has been done until now. We use modern technologies, techniques and patterns and invest deeply in our product vision and execution to ensure we are delivering the best possible banking solution to our merchants.
What you’ll do
- Ensure availability of Production and Development systems
- Manage CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of new product features
- Support Engineers with the process, enabling them to become more autonomous by working closely with the development teams to improve rollout and deployment of new product features and improvements to facilitate our fast paced and exponential growth
- Research, analyze, implement, and maintain new technology solutions for development/delivery process
- Help developers to migrate microservices to kubernetes
What you'll bring along:
- Experience managing Linux based systems
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS)
- Knowledge of Ansible or Terraform
It's a plus if you have experience with:
- Security standards
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 3200+ people from 80+ countries, spread across 4 continents
- A dedicated annual Learning & Development budget (2000Euro / year) for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education
- Enrollment onto our virtual stock ownership program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world
- Health Insurance, Death & Disability Insurance
- Access to the SumUp Sabbatical, our Employee assistance program for mental health as well as Fitness and Transport allowance and language learning benefits.
- You’ll attend global off sites and/or hackathons.
Salary Range: 5000-5417 EURO gross / month + VSOP
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.