Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re moving beyond payments and “up the stack” to help our users run their businesses more effectively. Issuing is developing APIs and full stack offering to empower businesses to launch physical and virtual card programs. We aim to help businesses deploy novel use cases that rely on fully programmable funds management instruments.
You can read more here:
- Product pages: Issuing & Treasury
- Recent News:
What you’ll do
As a backend engineer, you will design and build platforms, tooling, and system solutions that are configurable and scalable around the globe. You will partner with many functions at Stripe, with the opportunity to both work on infrastructure/platform systems, as well as produce direct user-facing business impact.
Issuing is one of Stripe’s biggest bets. The right engineer will allow us to scale faster and more reliably as our business accelerates. If that sounds exciting, we’d love to speak with you.
- Design, build, and maintain large-scale production services, data pipelines, and streaming systems
- Work on systems critical to Stripe’s current and future operation, with responsibility for billions of dollars of issuing volume
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company including engineering, product, operations, finance, data science, accounting, sales, and operations.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have delivered, extended, and maintained large scale distributed systems.
- Love to design systems that are elegant abstractions over complex patterns/practices
- Experience mentoring and growing junior engineers
- You think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world
Other Jobs from Stripe
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member