Squarespace is looking for a Fullstack Staff Software Engineer on the Identity Platform team within the Foundations Platform Engineering group. Teams in the Foundations group develop building blocks and solutions to help accelerate and standardize product design and development. The Identity Platform team is responsible for Squarespace's main login, and the authentication and authorization of all users. Delivering a highly secure and scalable platform while providing a delightful user experience is key to building customer trust and happiness, and you are able build successful products by thinking strategically and keeping a user-first perspective.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Identity Platform in our NY office. This is a hybrid opportunity.
As a Fullstack Staff Software Engineer on Identity Platform, you will:
- Create medium to long term technical strategies for the platformization of the user interfaces for login, authorization, and other UIs that we own and collaborate with engineers across the organization to execute on the strategy
- Tie technical investments to business priorities to ensure alignment of technical goals with Product and company goals
- Lead fullstack architecture discussions with engineers within and outside of the team
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Work with engineering teams across the company to enhance our identity platforms and ensure the successful adoption of best practices
- Influence, coach, and mentor engineers on the team and across the organization
- Mentor and grow engineers on the team
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Have experience building and executing on long-term technical strategy
- Keep a user-first perspective while building your products
- Have experience building out platformized UI components
- Thrive in ambiguous situations
- Have experience and interest in working on identity platform teams
- Enjoy thinking about systems/platforms and services and writing high-quality code
What you can expect from us:
Your team and manager will:
- Provide opportunities that align with your interests, career growth, and the growth of the company
- Create an inclusive environment that's psychologically safe and encourages learning
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations and milestones
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
- Hack week twice per year!
Cash Compensation Range: $185,500 - $299,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.