The Springboard engineering team is looking for software engineers with strong frontend technical expertise. In this role, you would be responsible for building exciting features aimed at improving our student experience and expanding our student base. You would also contribute to making our platform more robust, performant, optimized and scalable. This is a great opportunity to create a meaningful impact as well as grow in your career.
We are looking for engineers with different levels of experience and expertise. Depending on your proficiency levels, you will join our team as a Software Engineer II, Senior Software Engineer or Lead Software Engineer.
- Design and develop features for the Springboard platform, which enriches the learning experience of thousands through human guided learning at scale
- Own quality and reliability of the product by getting hands on with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues and so on
- Take end to end ownership of reasonably complex frontend intensive projects
- Work with Product stakeholders to understand requirements and propose technical solutions to business problems
- Contribute to the platform architecture through redesign of complex features based on evolving business needs
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Provide technical mentoring to team members
- You have hands-on experience in,
- Coding and debugging complex systems, with backend integration.
- Code review, responsible for production deployments
- Building scalable, optimized and performant web applications
- Re-architecting / re-designing complex systems / features (i.e. managing technical debt)
- Defining best practices for frontend systems.
- You have excellent problem solving skills and are comfortable handling ambiguity.
- You are able to analyze various alternatives and reach optimal decisions.
- You are willing to challenge the status quo, express your opinion and drive change.
- You are able to plan reasonably complex pieces of work and can handle changing priorities, unknowns and challenges with support. You want to contribute to the platform roadmap, aligning with the organization priorities and goals.
- You enjoy mentoring others and helping them solve challenging problems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner. You are able to communicate with various stakeholders to understand their requirements.
- You are a proponent of quality - building best practices, introducing new processes and improvements to make the team more efficient.
Non-negotiables: Must have
- Expertise in Frontend system design and architecture
- Experience with refactoring (redesigning complex systems / features, managing multiple frontend repos)
- Experience in web application development, building scalable, optimized and performant web applications
- Ability to handle ambiguity and take good decisions
Good to have
- Experience with any of the frontend frameworks → React/Angular/VueJs
- Experience with monorepo/micro-frontend architecture
- Mentoring skills
- Delivery skills, specifically planning open ended projects
- Able to work with open ended problems and come up with efficient solutions
- Able to communicate effectively with business stakeholders to clarify requirements for small to medium tasks and own end to end delivery
- Able to plan and estimate for tasks of low size and complexity
- Able to communicate estimations, plan deviations and blockers in an efficient and timely manner to all project stakeholders
E-Learning EdTech Education