Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Do you enjoy working collaboratively within a team to solve hard problems? Are you passionate about making customers successful? Like rolling up your sleeves and working with data to find patterns and hidden meanings? How about using your development skills to design solutions to make data more valuable and usable to your customers? If you answered yes to these questions, then the Splunk Forward Deployed Software Engineer (FDSE) might be the role for you!
As a developer within Field Solutions, you will be responsible for building rapid solutions for the quick customer win. You will help define the customer strategy in developing areas and be supportive of that strategy. At times, you must be able to engage at a technical level to assist with architecture and design development initiatives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have provided software development, technology consulting, systems administration, or technical solutions. You should be comfortable discussing issues of scale and fostering innovation in a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You should be able to research, build, and deliver Splunk integrations to our customers.
- Help build integration to enhance Splunk's market position.
- Own technical aspects for customer related projects and collateral.
- Evangelize and demonstrate Splunk solutions to customers and developer community.
- Develop and publish Splunk integrations such as Apps, Playbooks, or Add-ons.
- Help customers create prototypes of technical solutions, support them in their development, and review the quality of their solutions.
- Work with product management, engineering, marketing, field sales, and corporate product development to identify prospective partners to augment Splunk's offerings.
- Help customers, partners, and Splunk field sales with understanding and implementation of solutions.
- One or more years’ experience in architecting and implementing enterprise software solutions
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Usable knowledge of security, networking, server, database, and enterprise applications
- Familiarity with products, companies, and solutions in the DevOps, IT & Security marketplaces
- Self-motivated, self-learner and willing to collaborate with customers and fellow Splunkers
- Ability to work with diverse teams spread across the globe
- Experience working with large-scale enterprises and complex technical environments
- Knowledge of security, IT operations, application management, and cloud environments are a plus.
Bonus / Brownie Points:
- You have experience with designing or querying RESTFul APIs
- You like automating mundane tasks and have familiarity with CI/CD tooling such as Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Circle CI, or equivalent
- You are aware of the common compute and storage services provided by Cloud Providers (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- You have a firm understanding of *nix command-line tools and pair-programming
- You are familiar with Cloud Native technologies such as Docker Containers, Kubernetes, or Serverless concepts
- You encourage or actively volunteer to the Open Source community
- You possess strong presentation skills and can communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related discipline or equivalent experience
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!