Senior Technical Course Developer (Security)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Technical Course Developer who is proficient using eLearning tools, and quickly masters advanced technical subjects to develop instructional content and labs that are concise, accurate and outcome-based. You will build courseware for different delivery modes and audiences (customers, partners, employees) for our Security products.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Openness, flexibility, creativity, passion and a sense of humor are highly valued here.
- Designs, develops and maintains exceptional technical content for different learning experiences (including eLearning, labs, scenarios, simulations and assessments)
- Scopes projects and estimates time required accurately; consistently meets deadlines and communicates promptly when obstacles arise
- Engages and interviews subject matter experts for needs analysis; uses subject matter expert time efficiently·
- Works with stakeholders to perform skill gap assessments and build training content to address those gaps
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet these objectives
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Interacts and collaborates with cross-functional groups; cultivates and maintains relationships with colleagues across organizations
- Leads the train-the-trainer sessions for instructor-led courses that you develop
- Continuously learns, collaborates efficiently, shares knowledge, and is able to cover new and temporary projects when needed
- Develops accreditation and / or certification exam questions and answers used to test the student mastery of the subject matter
- Mentors new team members and provides guidance
- Professional portfolio of experience building technical eLearning content with tools such as Articulate/Rise, Captivate, ScreenFlow, Camtasia, etc.
- 2+ years of hands-on eLearning technical development experience creating commercial technical courseware, including building lab environments and data generation
- Experience with distributed software systems, microservices applications/deployments, security technologies, Cloud technologies, Linux OS, Linux command line; AWS EC2 or similar cloud computing platform
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with continuously evolving requirements
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for managing and solving conflicting issues
- Outstanding negotiator, innovator, diversity advocate, and relationship-builder
- 1+ years of security domain experience with operations, analysis, incident response and Risk Based Alerting (RBA)
- Any of the following certifications: CISSP, SANS, CEH, CompTIA Security+
- Splunk product experience
- Experience crafting courses for Software as a Service (SaaS) products
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $129,600.00 - 178,200.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $116,000.00 - 159,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $104,800.00 - 144,100.00 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Other Jobs from Splunk
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results