Are you interested in changing the landscape of Ed Tech, working on products which can benefit anyone, anywhere?
Sololearn is on a mission to build the most fun, accessible and effective technical learning experience worldwide. We aim to help anyone, anywhere bridge the technical skills gap to future life-changing careers. We’re changing the way people learn how to code by building a habit-forming experience for people to learn at their own pace, with bite-sized lessons and unique ways to practice.
Joining Sololearn is an opportunity to build products which benefit the millions of current learners in our community, the enterprise sector across multiple industries and the billions of learners who will want or need to reskill over the next decade.
We change lives by teaching people how to code. Want to join us?
Sololearn is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Android Engineer to join our team and work alongside talented engineers who work hard to change the lives of our learners with our mobile applications. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects on a global scale. You will work with a talented team that is small, nimble and proud of what they have built, yet eager to continue to make improvements for our learners.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated self-learner who cares about our customer’s experience, the quality of the app and service and the quality of the code. You will have a say in decisions about the product design, architecture, and development timelines. You embrace ownership and want to understand our users, to help them reach their educational goals.
To work with us means to:
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable Kotlin/Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Cooperate with back-end developers in building the RESTful API.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
We want you to feel challenged, yet comfortable at Sololearn. Please review the role criteria to make sure this is the right opportunity for you. Please share links of applications you have worked on when applying if possible.
- Experience developing apps for the Android platform.
- Knowledge and experience in Kotlin.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks (Arch components, Retrofit, Okhttp, Room, Firebase).
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and their time complexity.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Up-to-date with the latest Android trends, techniques and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse group of stakeholders.
Please submit your CV in English.
We enjoy what we do and we believe in our mission. We love learning and we love helping others learn. We cultivate a culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, feel valued and find value every day. Every day we learn at Sololearn, we hope to exemplify our mission statement and have a fun, inclusive and effective learning experience. If you would like to join us, please apply!
Sololearn is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to upholding equal opportunity practices and maintaining a culture that is not only non-discriminatory but actively strives to represent the diversity of the communities we serve. All recruitment and employment decisions are made on the basis of merit, business need and objective criteria. This commitment is core to our values.
Other Jobs from SoloLearn
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results