Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Staff Front End Engineer for a technical lead role to join our team. You will have the opportunity to set technical direction for a growing business function within SoFi where the overall architecture is still relatively greenfield and the business impact is high. This is a great opportunity to help shape the evolution of the team and the platform capabilities for years to come.
This role is focused on the Lantern team at SoFi. Our mission is to build and grow a financial marketplace, building both a compelling supplier experience for providers of financial products, as well as a compelling user experience in suggesting the right financial products for our users. Ideal candidates have a passion for designing beautiful APIs and well architected systems.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to deployment.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals.
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals.
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics.
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Work with designers to identify and solve potential implementation issues
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Lead the development and testing of system components/services, code and design reviews
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards.
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 6+ years related experience or demonstrated equivalent
- Experience with React
- Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Bonus: Experience working with NextJS, Redux, Typescript, Cypress, Playwright and working on large-scale applications
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing.
- Full-stack engineering experience, or a willingness and passion to broaden your technical skill set
- Expertise with Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, AWS, CI/CD.
- Fintech/finance experience
- Experience working in customer facing websites
- Awareness of the digital marketing ecosystem
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Other Jobs from SoFi
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results