Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
In modern software development, much of any project's deployment relies on Container technologies. These containers are used across industries, carrying both our applications and their dependencies, and within these containers, there can be vulnerabilities. As part of our team, you'll join us on our mission to continually improve our ability to identify these container components and vulnerabilities.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative software engineer to build the next generation of Snyk Container. We care deeply about the warm, inclusive working environment we've fostered, where we can benefit from the different perspectives within our team. We are collaborative, curious, and respectful - it’s important to us that everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas and views.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Building efficient APIs for consumers of Snyk Container data
- Exploring and establishing new abilities we need to develop our product to further achieve our mission
- Working across the stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy and support high quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes needed to address them
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Experience with event driven architecture and system design
- Proficiency in designing APIs
- A love for working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- An ability to prioritize collaboration, pair programming, and code review
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have cloud-native and/or Docker experience
- Understand the importance of testing and code quality
- Know Golang & Typescript
- Possess extensive experience with Kubernetes at a production level, including its underlying mechanisms
- Have worked with any of the popular cloud platform offerings from Google, Amazon and Microsoft Azure
- Have experience supporting and running software in production
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Other Jobs from Snyk
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results