Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer who is accustomed to solving customer’s most complex problems and closing large deals. In this role you will work directly with the sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Snowflake Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing the database space, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 7-8 years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.