Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate and innovative Android developer looking to create exceptional user experiences? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As an Android Developer you will re-imagine how users can effectively engage with robotics and artificial intelligence to solve real world problems and achieve our audacious objective: to reduce service member and civilian casualties to 0 by 2030. Help build and deploy our next generation products as you collaborate with other brilliant engineers to build truly magical products that save lives.
Our preference would be for this person to work on a hybrid basis out of either our Frisco, TX, San Diego, CA, or Washington DC offices.
What you’ll do:
- Be the domain expert for engineering activities within the Android ecosystem
- Collaborate with a diverse group of highly motivated and supportive engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Provide exceptional user experience on mobile, tablets, and large screen devices by helping define the architecture, building up features, and improving existing ones on the Android platform
- Prototype and test experimental features and libraries to asses project fit.
- Work with the User Experience and Design (UXD) and Business Development teams and incorporate design wireframes and user feedback to improve the user experience.
- Help influence the technical roadmap for Product Management.
- Constantly improve your craft and take pride in what you ship.
- Projects that you might work on (optional):
- Command and control of group 3 autonomous platforms
- Mission planning for group 3 autonomous platform
- Pilot training systems that employ XR technologies
- New features and capabilities that delights the user experience, using the latest Android technologies and framework available in the Android Jetpack library.
- Tools that will empower mobile developers to work more efficiently
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience developing large, production quality software systems within the Android ecosystem
- Proficiency with Kotlin
- Experience with Git and code management tools.
- Passionate about developing high-quality and optimized software solutions.
- Good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking.
- Strong technical collaboration skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Excited by a fast-moving environment with a highly motivated group.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Experience with C++17 and greater
- Experience with in aerospace or robotics industries
- Experience with MAVLink
- Hands-on experience with a major cloud platform (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience with team leadership, or as a technical project lead
- Professional experience with Linux environments
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
Salary Range: $116,164- $185,560 Annually+ Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Mechanical Engineering National Security Robotics Security Software