Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate and innovative Android developer looking to create exceptional user experiences? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As an Android Developer you will re-imagine how users can effectively engage with robotics and artificial intelligence to solve real world problems. Android is the primary interface for how our customers control the Nova quadcopter and we're building the controller for VBAT next. There is no other team that gets as close to the end user than you do on the Android team! Help build and deploy our next generation products as you collaborate with other brilliant engineers to build truly magical products that save lives.
Our preference would be for this person to work on a hybrid basis out of either our Frisco, TX, San Diego, CA, or Washington DC offices.
What you’ll do:
- You will be a part of setting a culture of creativity, innovation and excellence in all areas of engineering and technology on mobile.
- Establish and follow coding standards and best practices for mobile development on Android with Kotlin and Jetpack Compose.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of highly motivated and supportive engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Provide exceptional user experience on mobile, tablets, and large screen devices by helping define the architecture, building up features, and improving existing ones on the Android platform.
- Prototype and test experimental features and libraries to asses project fit.
- Work with the User Experience and Design (UXD) and Business Development teams and incorporate design wireframes and user feedback to improve the user experience.
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront. Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Help influence the technical roadmap for Product Management.
- Constantly improve your craft and take pride in what you ship.
Projects that you might work on:
- Take ownership of features and make a direct impact on the Nova Controller and future applications.
- Develop new features and capabilities that delights the user experience, using the latest Android technologies and framework available in the Android Jetpack library.
- Build tools that will empower mobile developers to work more efficiently
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience, plus 3+ years of industry experience
- Understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals, Object Oriented Programming, and Data Structures/Algorithms
- Understanding of modern Android development, Android application lifecycle, Android UI layout design, and MVVM arhitecture
- An understanding of SDLC and Agile development methodologies such as Lean, Scrum, or Kanban. Experience with Git, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mechanisms.
- Experience writing code in Java or Kotlin Programming Languages
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
Salary Range: $101-$157,000 Annually+ Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Mechanical Engineering National Security Robotics Security Software