SeatGeek Enterprise is our innovative open ecosystem enterprise ticketing software that allows teams, venues, and promoters to efficiently run their businesses and captivate fans.
We’re proud to partner with some of the most recognized names across the globe including the Dallas Cowboys, Manchester City F.C., and Liverpool F.C., as well as the NFL, MLS, half of the English Premier League, and theaters across NYC’s Broadway and London’s West End.
We are looking for an experienced manager who can help us scale up our development operation and empower our engineering teams. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continues to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the best product and team we can. Your team will work on evolving the current back-office frontend solutions used in our product to delight our fans and clients.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers with front-end expertise
- Build products used by some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment
- Guide the team to improve operational and engineering best practices
- Participate in on-call / incident management schedule
- Provide regular job performance feedback, hold one-on-ones, and provide career development support to your direct reports
- Actively participate in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can
- Set strategic direction, drive planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming
- Work side by side with our product and other engineering team leaders
- Help evolve our frontend tooling to improve performance, observability and operational efficiency
- Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team
- ...and if you have any free time after doing all of that stuff, writing code is always a good way to stay sharp!
What you have
- 5+ years of experience building high-quality, high-performing cloud-native solutions
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams
- A foundation of technical and operational excellence that your team can look up to
- Interested in partnering with product, design and stakeholders on what to do as well as how to do it
- Someone with irreproachable technical skills, and can be a mentor for a high performing engineering team
- Knowledgeable about industry trends in tools and technologies. You can help your team make good frontend and framework decisions that will set them up for success
- Passionate about software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Experienced with object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Someone who communicates openly, collaborates effectively, and works well with others to achieve the best outcome possible
- Someone who shows humbleness and boldness in finding opportunities to learn and grow from challenges and drive positive change
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experienced and comfortable working in our stack:
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your management and leadership skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Languages: C#+.NET Core, T-SQL, Python, Go
- Datastores: MS SQL Server, Amazon S3, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Nomad, K8s, Terraform, GitLab CI
- If you are interested in the role, please include an English-language resume or CV with your application
- You will be working with our Israel-based development teams. We are open to remote hiring, as long as you are comfortable with working hours that overlap considerably with the Israel time zone. We happily encourage the occasional office visit from our remote teammates, especially for team events!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
Other Jobs from SeatGeek
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results