The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
SambaNova is searching for a Senior Principal Engineer, Distributed Systems candidate that will architect and develop cutting-edge network fabric control and data plane distributed software stack for AI, ML, and scientific applications for large data centers and cloud, participate in developing, testing, and debugging very high-performance network architectures, and help set the direction for the future scale-up and scale-out software and hardware technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and with 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethernet concepts, network virtualization, testing, and debugging.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Develop and maintain the distributed stack and fabric manager with industry-leading performance and capabilities.
- Define metrics, identify the bottleneck and improve the functionality and performance of the network fabric.
- Innovate new communication patterns and topologies across software and hardware.
- Work across teams to ensure maximum system-level performance and accuracy.
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development effort.
- Proven experience developing software stack for industry-standard ethernet switches & routers, IP routing protocols, fabric congestion management, Linux RDMA APIs and libraries along with TCP/IP, ideally also including experience with accelerators such as GPUs or similar devices.
- Experience with network operating system (NOS), ethernet switch SDKs, InfiniBand and RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) is desired.
- Experience with industry-standard and open-source networking and parallel computing frameworks such as MPI, UCX, DPDK, is a bonus.
- Software development experience with Linux.
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $165,000/year up to $210,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, that include hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai or contact us at email@example.com. Follow SambaNova Systems on LinkedIn.