The third era of AI has arrived, powered by Generative AI. Generative AI is achieving step-function increases in scale, versatility, and accuracy compared to legacy AI technologies, presenting an opportunity for organizations to fundamentally transform their business and operations.
SambaNova Suite™ is enabling organizations and enterprises to achieve the transformative promise of these new AI technologies with a fully integrated hardware-software system that delivers innovation across the full AI stack, including the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government. This creates the AI backbone for the next 10 years and beyond.
Working at SambaNova
The Principal Software Engineer, Compiler position will be responsible for working with the different layers of the compiler stack and coordinating with other development teams here at SambaNova. It is a critical role responsible for driving innovation in compiler infrastructure and optimization algorithms that enable state-of-the-art ML model performance on the SambaNova platform. This can involve anything from digging through PyTorch and machine learning models to determining how to map operations on to our underlying hardware.
- Lead compiler engineering through ensuring standard methodologies, enterprise product insertion and process evolution.
- Work with peers, domain experts, developers, customers, and work across the enterprise seeking optimal solutions.
- Develop, integrate, and implement products.
- Provide support for proposals in key areas aligned with core team competencies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Deep theoretical understanding of compiler fundamentals.
- Experience building and deploying software products.
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks (i.e. TensorFlow, PyTorch) is a plus.
- Experience with common compiler development practices and methodologies.
- Excitement about high-performance systems engineering and performance debugging.
- An appreciation for process and developing cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Experience with MLIR.
- Familiarity with machine learning models and frameworks.
- Familiarity with accelerated computing.
- Exposure to dataflow architectures.
Annual Salary Range and Level
The base salary for this position ranges from $165,000/year up to $210,000/year. This range is based on role, level, and location and reflects the salary target for new hires in the US. Individual pay within the range will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s job-related qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
SambaNova offers a competitive total rewards package, including the base salary, plus equity and benefits. We cover 95% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, and 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with employer contribution. We also offer Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans in addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) options like Health Care, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care. Our library of well-being benefits includes a full subscription to Headspace, access to One Medical, counseling services with an Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at SambaNova Systems you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
If you are a new, recent (within the last two years), or upcoming college graduate and are interested in opportunities with SambaNova Systems, please apply through our University job listings.
SambaNova Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Customers turn to SambaNova to quickly deploy state-of-the-art AI capabilities to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. Our purpose-built enterprise-scale AI platform is the technology backbone for the next generation of AI computing. We enable customers to unlock the valuable business insights trapped in their data. Our flagship offering, SambaNova Suite™, provides the most accurate generative AI models, optimized for enterprise and government organizations, deployed on-premises or in the cloud, and adapted with an organization’s data for greater accuracy
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, that include hardware and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others. Visit us at sambanova.ai or contact us at email@example.com. Follow SambaNova Systems on LinkedIn.