Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around New York, NY, Seattle, WA or Menlo Park, CA.
The Detection and Response Team (DART) at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our customers' security and privacy. The D&R Platform team develops the infrastructure that makes detection and response possible, working closely with the Incident Response (IR) team to assess threats, collect and analyze data, and respond to security incidents.
We are looking for security-oriented software engineers to create and deploy modern and innovative detection and response systems that ingest security-relevant data, transport it to the detection pipeline, and provide rich capabilities to enable the IR team to find, contain and resolve security incidents.
This role is open to entry level and early career candidates.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will develop custom software and integrate third-party software to collect, enrich, transform, and process security data, such as logs, and execute detection and containment logic created by the IR team.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Engineering to deeply integrate detection and response capabilities into Robinhood's engineering infrastructure and practices.
- You will devise new ways to detect and respond to attacks.
- You will design and implement strategies to continually improve the speed, efficacy, and safety of threat detection and containment.
- You will work in a DevOps on-call rotation every 1-2 months to respond to service outages and security incidents.
- Demonstrated interest in computer security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with AWS, Python, and/or Go.
- Experience developing infrastructure for or working on a security detection and/or response team.
- Experience using or developing SIEM and SOAR or similar systems.
- Experience developing high scale data processing (ETL) pipelines.
Technologies we use:
- Python and Go
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, and Kafka
- Proprietary and commercial solutions for security event detection and incident management, such as Splunk, Databricks, Vector, and Carbon Black.
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $157000 - $185000
US Zone 2: $139000 - $163000
US Zone 3: $122000 - $144000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.