Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
The Identity team builds the foundational platform for identity at Ramp, which includes authentication, authorization, and core domain models. Our aim is to make the platform as secure and seamless as possible, to delight Ramp’s users and businesses in those first crucial moments while onboarding to our platform, and enable larger and more complex use cases for Ramp. In this role, you will be an advocate and coach for your team while solving various backend challenges, doing hands-on coding, and scaling product success at a fast-paced start-up. Our ideal candidate leverages their leadership, technical expertise and passion to multiply the overall output of their development team.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
What You’ll Do
- Help lead (and — if you’re up for it — manage) a team of highly skilled backend engineers while coaching, mentoring, and advocating for them
- Reimagine and build the next generation of authentication and authorization at Ramp, providing a secure foundation to power Ramp’s growth
- Build underlying platform primitives for other engineering teams at Ramp to utilize and leverage for their work
- Lead discussions and implementation of multiple complex projects
- Continuously improve our engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- Proactively engage with your peers and managers to provide and solicit feedback
What You Need
- A minimum of 7 years of backend engineering experience preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of technical leadership experience leading and/or managing teams
- Proficiency in Python, Go, or Java
- A track record of shipping high-quality products and leading projects at scale
Nice to Haves
- Experience or interest in Authentication, Authorization, Federation, and Identity Management.
- Interest in protocols such as SAML, OAuth 2.0, SCIM, and OpenID Connect.
- Experience with our tech stack which includes: Python (Flask), AWS, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $233,750-$275,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance