- Design and implementation of scalable software services, alongside engineering and architecture teams.
- Execution of Cloud engineering tasks within migration sprint cycles aligned to best practices and templates within a customer project team.
- Build out of new customer cloud solutions using cloud native components.
- Usage of foundational architecture and components to build out automated cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines and supporting services frameworks
- Present architecture to clients of varying levels, from Developers, Business Analysts and Senior Client Leadership.
- Brief senior leadership and end users at varying levels of familiarity with cloud technologies, about the technology selections, best practices, and benefits.
- You’ll be a strong technical expert, with experience on complex projects from inception to delivery, to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native AWS and 3rd party toolchains and automation oriented agile principles.
- Through both hands-on and consultative approaches, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including provisioning resources and modifying Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer issues. You’re happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background. Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers. You’ll be the voice of Rackspace within the customer.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of designing and supporting AWS, including IaaS and PaaS in an enterprise setup
- Experience building cloud automation, including CI/CD pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker.
- Scripting and automation methods such as Terraform, Ansible, Python, YAML, Go.
- Technical skills in as many of these as possible: Public Cloud architecture (Azure), PaaS (Containers, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, FaaS etc.)
- Awareness of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Previous exposure to large-scale system design.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies and can articulate best practice approaches and practices.
- Strong communication skills, customer facing experience desirable.
Other Jobs from Rackspace
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results