Machine Learning Engineer, Search Quality @ Pinterest
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Search Team at Pinterest helps Pinners explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience. Where web search is about finding answers, Pinterest search is about inspiration and discovery. This leads to unique technical challenges with handling an index of billions of unique images and their associated metadata. We’re looking for a software engineer to build advanced search technology using both text and visual signals.
What you'll do:
- Build a search product that keeps Pinners engaged with great personalized content.
- Build search and recommendation systems that handle billions of unique images for hundreds of millions of users.
- Work on the large-scale machine learning based backend systems for Pinterest Search, including indexing, retrieval, ranking, data logging and pipelines, machine learning platforms, etc.
- Work with infrastructure teams and machine learning engineers to adopt the latest technologies that significantly improve the search quality.
What we're looking for:
- 1+ year working experience on applied machine learning problems and systems.
- Familiar with big data systems(Hadoop, performance optimization) and machine learning platforms (Tensorflow or Pytorch, model training and monitoring).
- Interested in building stable, scalable, configurable and extensible infrastructure and platforms.
- Passion for the Pinterest product as a tool for people to get inspiration, discover, learn, plan and shop.
Colorado based applicants only:
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $131,100 to $196,800 in Colorado;
- This position is eligible for equity; and
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.