iOS Engineer, Inclusive Search Product @ Pinterest
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for a passionate, inquisitive, and well-rounded senior iOS Engineer to join the Search Product team with a focus on Inclusive Product. Search is a core surface within the Pinterest app used by millions of Pinners. This role has a unique focus on building experiences to enable Pinners to see content that is inclusive, diverse, and representative of who they are. Working closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers, you’ll play an important role in enabling experiences that support fairness and inclusion on the platform.
What you’ll do:
- Build out Pinner-facing frontend features on iOS to power the future of Inclusive Search on Pinterest
- Contribute to and lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, and other functions to build end-to-end experiences
- Maintain a high level of quality for one of our most widely used Pinner experience surfaces
- Analyze data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing iOS applications in Objective-C
- Deep understanding of UI development in iOS
- Strong communication skills and great product sense
- Experience with experimentation and data analysis
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience with Swift and/or GraphQL is a plus
Colorado based applicants only:
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $155,300 to $232,900 in Colorado
- This position is eligible for equity
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.