- Design and implement features in core backend services.
- Provide appropriate test coverage, unit and integration testing, with focus on performance and cost efficiency for your feature ownership areas.
- Document design choices and operational knowledge to successfully deploy and run services.
- Provide appropriate service-level logs and metrics to new and existing features. Ensure robust alerting, dashboards, and runbooks for production services are in place.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to build new features and products according to business needs.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience programming in Python or Scala or Java
- Experience with an enterprise-grade stack for scalable apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL, and key-value databases
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit, and automated tests paradigms
- Strong skills in SQL and RDBMS solutions
- Understanding of SOA, microservices, and event-driven architecture
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker, and Kubernetes are appreciated
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of HTTP stack and REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results