What you need to know about the role As part of the Issuance and Tokenization engineering organization, the Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team delivering high impact products for various segments. The focus area will be across various types of product issuing, lifecycle management and transaction processing capabilities. Your way to impact We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate candidate who will collaborate with cross functional teams across PayPal as required to learn, design, and build solutions to meet business requirements. The successful candidate will be hands-on and collaborative with a strong sense of ownership. They will have a strong customer focus and drive to create quality products which enable our customers to be successful.
- Support implementation of a module/application/product
- Participate in architectural discussions that involve multiple systems
- Help to identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Support integration efforts and critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Demonstrate engineering excellency
- Pro-active response in identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues
- Demonstrate engineering excellency by creating reusable, production-ready frameworks
- Challenge the status quo when needed.
- Ownership and strive for excellence in your role
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, developing, and delivering software platforms
- Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java
- Deep knowledge of the Spring Framework, REST and JSON
- Experience with design and development of scalable, high-volume web services and platforms
- Understanding of authentication and authorization best-practices for distributed applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues
- Adept at writing and executing automated unit, functional and integration tests and familiar with test frameworks and tools like testNG, JUnit, Mockito, and JaCoCo
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, UNIX Shell Script etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience with Git and Github version control, Apache Maven, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools
- Experience with using Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
E-Commerce Platforms FinTech Mobile Payments Transaction Processing