Data is the most valuable enterprise asset and to maximize its impact we engrain it in the way we work and ensure its underpinned by security, reliability, and quality. The ServiceNow data engineering team is responsible for providing the enterprise asset and configuration data for asset management, configuration management, vulnerability management and other IT service managements. We are responsible for data aggregation, data analytics, and data integration solutions, providing an authoritative data source for the company via the CMDB platform and enterprise data lake. The team’s charter is to driving data coverage and quality across the PayPal in IT assets and configuration, modernize our solution by accelerating our path to public cloud, while ensuring we treat CMDB data quality as a core lifestyle.
What You’ll Do
- Work as first line support at PayPal to support CMS/ServiceNow production operation.
- Work with tech leads and product managers to develop software in various areas such as asset discovery, data analytics, and system integration and monitoring solutions.
- Build REST API Services in an agile development environment using Java.
- Partner closely with architecture and other engineering teams to craft high quality, easy to use, and robust products.
- Focus on quality and security including automation, design reviews, and unit testing
- Develop and support projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
- Analyze technical issues and clearly communicate recommendations and solutions.
- Support site rollouts and be available for on-call duties to resolve site issues.
- Encourage code craftsmanship across team. Participate in code reviews to drive teams to the highest standards for services development.
- Analyze product development design and articulate expected testing approach.
- Interface with other functional teams on aspects of the feature or sub-system.
- Frequently interface with development leads, other development managers, as well as with Project Managers, QA Leads, and Managers.
- Maintain and create new automated test cases.
- Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk.
- Utilize Java, Python, C++, JDBC, Spring, Tomcat, and XML; Object Oriented Design and Agile methodologies; JIRA, github, and the Atlassian suite; Linux.
- Work in a team environment
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelors and/or master’s in computer science or related field of study
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in Java and Python
- Must have hands-on experience in developing applications.
- Excellent understanding of system design and design patterns.
- Previous experience with the scrum methodology.
- Experience in RESTful services, NoSQL DB is a plus.
- Experience in ServiceNow integration and configuration management is a plus.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Take initiatives and be able to handle ambiguity
- Self-starter and have the urge and passion to get things done.
Recent Graduate Position Information and Requirements:
This is a Recent Graduate Full-Time position.
Must have graduated within the past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2023, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
Must reside in the U.S.
Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S.
E-Commerce Platforms FinTech Mobile Payments Transaction Processing