Our Core Platform Messaging and Connectivity team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing team. The team is responsible for connectivity, authentication and all high performance messaging within the Paxos core platform, both high throughput and low latency. Our domain includes security, scalability, reliability, cryptography, availability, etc. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch - taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key connectivity and messaging infrastructure.
- Apply and develop engineering best-practices including agile planning/estimation, strategic messaging patterns and best practices across the company.
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks.
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and other relevant dimensions.
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals.
Learn more about being a Staff Engineer at Paxos
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Mastery of computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms).
- Strong previous experience in key messaging technologies like gPRC, Kafka, RMQ and ZMQ.
- Solid experience with connectivity and platform level authentication concepts, including federated authentication protocols like SAML2 and OIDC.
- Experience with API design and financial protocols like FIX and SWIFT. TCP, UDP and multicast are desirable.
You might also have:
- Design and implementation of high performance electronic trading systems including performance tuning to optimize latency, jitter, queuing and throughput.
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expertise in at least one domain like Trading Systems, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS.
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management.
- Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders.
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Other Jobs from Paxos
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results