At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion-dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
We’re seeking Senior Software Engineers with a focus on Python development to help us build back-end systems for the future of our adaptive welding platform. Our flexible backend system integrates robots, sensors, and other systems present in manufacturing and combines them with our cutting-edge algorithms. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other software and computer vision/AI experts on the team to design and implement new algorithms incorporating computer vision data into robotic motion planning
- Manage Git branching and version control, providing technical guidance to the team on best practices for managing a codebase that is physically deployed to robotic cells across the globe
- Develop and extend automated pipelines for deployments, quality automation, and hardware/software integration testing
- Provide excellent collaboration and communication across the team and between other product teams to ensure dependencies
- Work hard. A lot. Seriously, we’re a deep tech startup and we’re leaning hard into this opportunity to invent something new. There will be some long nights, but the opportunity here is enormous!
- Occasional travel to customer sites. Our robots are great, but they aren’t yet perfect, and sometimes (but not often) you will have to be tuning, tweak, or gather real-world data in person
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience building complex software in Python
- Experience with libraries like pandas, numpy, scikit, or pybind is a plus but not required
- Experience with ROS (Robotic Operating System) or rospy is a plus but not required
- You enjoy being in person with your teammates in beautiful Columbus Ohio, inventing new capabilities and taking advantage of serendipitous interactions to innovate
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You care about quality and are dedicated to shipping high-quality code, but you love to introduce automation to ship that quality quickly
- You are comfortable and even thrive in the ambiguity that comes with inventing something that has never existed before
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You have experience with complex version control workflows, preferably Git
- You are excited to work on autonomous robotics and computer vision systems
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience