Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in more than 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 250 people is located in more than 50 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
The best talent can be found globally, and our product paves the way for a future in which individuals from any corner of the world will enjoy equal access to opportunities. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer who is hungry to build - this is a fully greenfield opportunity to develop the architecture and core services of our next-generation platform. As a 4-year-old series B start-up that's experienced a lot of growth and market expansion, we've learned some lessons and we're taking a step back to prepare for a new stage of hypergrowth. This role will empower you to engage with every aspect of the product life-cycle, starting from the initial idea to seamless operational delivery.
We are solving an incredibly complex problem
You will put to work your world-class development know-how to deliver greenfield services encompassing global payroll, payments, compliance and benefits across 160+ countries. This will involve:
- Design, build and improve top-tier services to bring our innovative platform to life
- Innovate and bring tech and product ideas to the table, optimising for impact and velocity
- Making decisions on technology and tooling, building for scale, security and reliability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers and product managers, full stack, backend and data engineers
- Mentor new team joiners and help them enlarge their skills as we grow the team
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience with Python development. Or experience with a combination of Java, Golang, Kotlin & Scala, Rust, Erlang or Ruby (2 or more)
- Possess a deep understanding of modern software engineering design and development principles
- Advocate of agile principles and practices and an interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience contributing to architectural decisions - you need to care about building solutions that are well designed, built, implemented and that you understand the “why” and “what for”
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices and distributed system architectures
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database design using modern technologies
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and tested code and services
- Hands on experience of deploying and operating in cloud environments
You are the sort of person that...
- Has a passion for quality and observability, an ability to understand complex systems and a desire to constantly make things better.
- Is passionate not just about working remotely, but evangelizing a new paradigm between employers and employees that decouples geographic location from economic opportunity — improving quality of life for people everywhere.
- Has the ability to self-start and you embrace a growth mindset
- Invests in the growth of your team and are eager to share knowledge and mentor others
- Is pro-active, pragmatic, result-driven, and excited to work in a fast-growing tech scale-up
What's in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you'll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: We have a flexible leave policy - you may take as much holiday as you like, so long as it is agreed with your manager. As a guidance, we expect people to take at least 33 days per year, including public holidays (or your region's minimum, if greater).
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: We are fully remote, allowing you to work from wherever you live in a flexible manner.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months by their due date, we offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, followed by statutory for your region. Secondary caregivers that have been with us for 12 months are entitled to 8 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. We will provide you with the home office equipment you need to enable you to work effectively wherever you are, including covering internet costs.
- Education: We believe in helping you maximise your potential to deliver maximum impact. Get access to books, courses, mentors and learning plans to help you be your best and do your best!
- Additional benefits: we offer additional benefits that vary from region to region, such as medical, life insurance, pension/retirement funds and more - please ask your Talent Partner when you speak with us!
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Other Jobs from Omnipresent
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results