Systems Reliability Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
San Jose, CA
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart
This is a 12 week internship starting in May or June 2024 depending on your availability. You will work in our San Jose, CA office (3 days/week) and remote (2 days/week). Submit your application by October 6, 2023.
Build on your studies and gain professional experience as a Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) Intern, solving complex technical challenges and delivering world-class customer experiences. As an Intern, you’ll expand your technical skills and build your confidence as you experience how an industry-leading Support team operates on a global scale. You will work with and learn from a team of technology specialists–including VMware Certified Professionals, Cisco Certified Internetwork Experts, Cisco Certified Network Professionals, Microsoft Certified Professionals, Linux experts, Nutanix Platform Professionals, and more. We hope to learn from you, too!
Our Worldwide Support team delivers industry-leading customer experiences to 24,000+ happy customers in over 200 countries. Our global team includes 700+ people who deliver 24/7 technical support to our customers, enabling their success with our hybrid multicloud technology solutions.
Through an artful blend of technical expertise, customer service and excellent communications, we drive the success and loyalty of our customers. We are as proud of our 97% Customer Satisfaction rating, as we are of the career building and advancement opportunities we offer our team.
As our customer base grows, we’re looking for interns who share our passion for customer success. Ready for the challenge? Apply by October 6, 2023.
What You’ll Do
- Champion the success of our customers to ensure they are getting the most out of our Nutanix platform.
- Work with our enterprise customers to provide technical engineering support and an enriching customer experience, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues to shape the loyalty and success of our growing customer base.
- Test new features and develop tools to improve our products, and scale our deployments and auto-support infrastructure.
- Inspire positive change to our product based on customer and partner feedback in partnership with Engineering.
- Collaborate with technology partners such as Lenovo, HPE and VMware to resolve customer issues
What You’ll Bring
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Understanding of Linux, Networking, Virtualization, and Storage technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future.
Perks You'll Enjoy
- Ongoing mentorship and support from your manager and team
- Specialized onboarding through our Jumpstart Training Program to get you well-versed in all things HCI
- The ability to earn industry certifications like CCNA, CCNP, VCA, VCP, VCTA
- Unique teammates and a vibrant Employee Resource Group community
- Competitive pay, all the hardware you’ll need, and wellness days
What Our Interns Say
“I have enjoyed being pushed out of my comfort zone. My mentor has been very supportive, and it has been an enriching experience to see how my IT, customer service, and social skills have greatly improved.” -Reisha
“As an intern I had multiple opportunities to grow. There are many success stories of new joiners that climb swiftly through the ranks by putting in the hard work that translates to career growth and happiness.” -James
We understand you are pursuing multiple employment options. Please note these important dates to factor into your decision process.
- Application deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023
- Application Screening: We will review your application to understand your unique talents and skills in relation to our opportunities.
- First Round: Interview with one of our Talent Advisors to dive into your unique experiences and motivators.
- Second Round: Technical interviews with our hiring teams to showcase your skills. Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Students who advance to this round, will receive preparation and details on any pre-assignments to complete prior to October 24.
- Students attending the second round should expect multiple interviews with Nutanix engineers designed to assess your technical skills and role readiness, motivation for the opportunity at Nutanix, and when required, a pre-assignment aligned to the role you’ll be playing on our team. Each meeting will offer you an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the team you’ll potentially work with.
- Final Decision: Offers extended! Finalists can expect offers by mid-November.
More About #LifeAtNutanix
- Explore our Instagram and blog
- Learn what employees are saying on LinkedIn and Glassdoor
- How we approach Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- More information for students
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $22-32/hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Other Jobs from Nutanix
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results