Hungry, Humble, Honest, with a Heart.
Prism is the front face of Nutanix, through which customers consume Nutanix Products. Prism being the management plane, hosts a variety of other portfolio products of Nutanix. With a greater role to play, comes greater responsibility as well. The team is responsible for making sure the Prism platform is stable, resilient, performant, highly available and most importantly scalable.
In Prism Central (PC) System Testing, you will be responsible for one or more of the following areas
- Work with the product managers to get the PRD, with all required Systemic number expectations on Latency, throughput, concurrency, scale and resiliency.
- Work very closely with Dev to make sure design is conforming with PRD. Also make sure to understand and question the components getting added and their penalty to PC resources
- Design System test plans including facets such as Performance, Scale, Longevity, Concurrency and High availability.
- Get the plan reviewed with Devs, Serviceability/Support, Product Managers and all QA fellow mates and refine it.
- Execute the test plan manually to get familiar.
- Automate the system test plan 100% with high quality reusable code and hand it over to Regression team with zero script defects.
- Own the area for any bugs coming out later and fix the automation if needed.
- Participate in Sustenance activities to keep the tech debt under control
- Gain Product expertise and participate in Customer ONCALLs and provide resolutions, whenever Engineering is involved
What you'll bring:
- BE/BTech/BCA/MCA/ME/MTech or equivalent.
- 2-6 years of Software QA Engineering experience
- Experience in Software Development or Test Automation in one of the following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java (Python preferred).
- Basic Systems administration experience in Linux and/or Windows.
- Prior System testing experience of mid to large scale deployments
- Experience with distributed software systems on either of Compute, Storage or Network virtualisation
- Skills in debugging complex distributed applications.
- Plus: Exposure and expertise on Kubernetes based applications
#L1-Hybrid We're an Equal Opportunity Employer Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled. We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting CandidateAccommodationRequests@nutanix.com.
Notice to Applicants Re: Fraudulent Recruiting Scams, please review the following link [consumer.ftc.gov] to safeguard yourselves. Candidates seeking jobs at Nutanix have recently been targets of these recruiting scams including FAKE G-mail accounts posing as ACTUAL recruiters on our team, so please safeguard yourselves by following instructions in the link. If you have any concerns surrounding suspect recruiting practices, please email email@example.com for verification. Please do NOT send resumes to this email address; applicants should apply directly to the job to be considered.
Data Center Enterprise Software Software Virtualization