The Streaming SRE group at New Relic is responsible for operating high throughput data pipelines that process the streaming telemetry data for our observability platform. As a Senior Engineering Manager leading the streaming SRE team, you’ll work with engineers that are in charge of the reliability and performance of our critical data pipelines.
Being an integral part of almost every line of New Relic business means we have a lot of internal customers, each with their own urgent needs. Balancing these needs while moving forward with our own initiatives takes finely tuned risk/reward analysis as well as a customer-focused attitude.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader with a passion for people to lead teams, mentor engineers, and collaborate with multiple teams across the product organization! This position will report directly to a Director and is available to work from home or any New Relic office.
- Lead and grow teams of software engineers through hiring, mentoring, and supporting the professional development of SRE engineers.
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep your teams focused and driving efficiently
- Lead with a DevOps approach - we build and maintain our software, including taking turns being on-call, and tailoring our on-call alert policies to prevent pager-fatigue
- Define and implement SRE best practices, ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of our streaming data pipelines.
- Partner closely with product, infrastructure, deployment, and tooling teams along with fellow engineering leaders, and key decision-makers to set up team priorities and roadmap
- Monitor system health and proactively identify potential issues, taking appropriate actions to prevent service disruptions.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement with the SRE team.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of prior experience in a technical leadership role leading multiple roadmaps/backlogs using agile development methodology.
- Proven experience as an SRE Manager or in a similar leadership role, with a focus on data pipelines and observability products.
- Understanding of operating distributed data systems at scale & focus on Operational excellence.
- Deep understanding of SRE principles, best practices, and methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and developing early-career engineers along with experienced engineers.
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities, with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading remote teams across multiple countries & time zones driving successful outcomes through effective leadership and communication.
- Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms(AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with big data technologies like Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, and real-time data processing systems.
- Exposure to cloud transformations and/or hybrid cloud
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. Flex First allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or hybrid.
Read more about Flex First.
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The pay range above represents a reasonable estimate of the salary for the listed position. This role is eligible for a corporate bonus plan and may be eligible for a competitive equity package. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related factors such as an applicant’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
New Relic provides a variety of benefits for this role, including healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave and planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, flex time-off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, and other competitive benefits designed to improve the lives of our employees.
Other Jobs from New Relic
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results