Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
As a Member of Technical Staff, you will be part of the Quality Engineering [QE] team responsible for quality assurance of the data and control plane components of the NetSkope NGIPS service. As a senior QE engineer, you will need to come out with test plans, automate and validate both component level and end-to-end functionality of the Netskope NGIPS features. In the capacity of a technical lead, you will also review the work product of other QE engineers in the team and guide/mentor them on their tasks.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the use-cases/work-flows of the NGIPS solution deployed in Netskope cloud.
- Participate in requirements/design discussions with Product managers & development team and represent the QE team.
- Design test plans & test strategy documents for the Netskope IPS solution/features and closely work with the development team to cover all aspects of the features being developed.
- Execution of tests and reporting test results, test metrics pertaining to these tests.
- Development of automation scripts in parallel with feature testing to enable CI/CD. (i.e Day0 Automation)
- Identify, evaluate and propose new test tools for improving product testing.
- Work closely with the technical support team to handle customer escalations by reproducing the issues internally. Analyze the test gaps that resulted in customer issues and improve test plan/strategy.
- E2E ownership from feature testing to production deployment to monitoring & alerting.
- Identify gaps in the regression test automation and improve automation coverage.
- Provide leadership & mentorship to NGIPS QE team and guide junior engineers in developing test-plan and reviewing their work.
- B.E /B.Tech /M.Tech degree from a recognised and accredited university/college.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on testing experience on a Network Security solution, preferably IPS/FW product.
Preferred Technical Skills
- In depth understanding of HTTP/S, SSL/TLS protocols & web content is a must.
- Expertise in L2-L7 TCP/IP protocols and application protocols: DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc...
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, MIME, XML, HTML
- Strong expertise in Python as a programming language.
- Should have extensive experience with test planning, topology planning, requirements-to-testcase mapping, Test case writing, Defect logging and tracking, with excellent debugging skills.
- Strong work experience with any Deep packet inspection technology like NextGen-IPS or NextGen-Firewall is highly desirable.
- Extensive background in Network performance testing and hands-on experience with traffic generator tools like IxLoad, Breaking Point Solution, Spirent will be a plus
- Strong expertise in Selenium UI test automation tools, RESTful Web Service automation.
- Hands-on experience with traffic analysis tools like Wireshark, tcpdump is a must.
- Excellent analytical, debugging & problem-solving skills
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP AND Cloud Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Opensource technologies) is a plus.
- Strong expertise in scripting automation & building test frameworks.
- Strong expertise in RESTful Web Service automation
- Good working experience in CI/CD.
- Technical know-how of build and repo management tools with overall testing cycle.
- Good hands-on knowledge of API testing.
- Good understanding of Operating system concepts (Unix/Linux) and working experience in a Linux environment.
- Proven technical leadership skills in product testing on a network security/DPI solution
- Strong team player and the ability to lead / guide / mentor team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- Determined and ever ready to roll up sleeves to respond to the needs of customers proactively and promptly.
- Achievement oriented and willing to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Believer in innovation and out-of-the box thinking to foster originality of ideas.
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.