We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO
Spot is a fast-paced startup that operates within NetApp and enjoys all perks & benefits of a large-scale organization while maintaining the startup culture, mentality, and pace. By continuously optimizing cloud infrastructure to always be highly available and for the lowest possible cost, we revolutionize the way businesses manage their cloud. With the recent acquisition of CloudCheckr, Spot by Netapp's footprint now extends into pure-play cloud management by adding cloud billing analytics and cost management capability. This is an incredible chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting high growth business unit, which combines the best of a startup environment with the resources of a public company.
As a DevOps Engineer at CloudCheckr you’ll join a fast-paced collaborative team responsible for a rapidly growing Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. You will solve interesting and complex challenges around monitoring, automation, security, data integrity, and performance. You will design and build cloud infrastructure, collaborate with Architecture, Development, and Product Management on new initiatives, provide secure production operations, manage the build and release processes, and maintain and improve existing infrastructure.
• Contribute to our cloud infrastructure, strategically employing automation and infrastructure-as-code
• Apply knowledge of AWS and Infrastructure-as-code tools to automate repetitive tasks
• Balance creation of new infrastructure with maintenance/upkeep of existing infrastructure
• Work with various teams to promote and improve build pipeline and deploy practices.
• Implement proactive monitoring & improve existing monitoring
• Contribute to DevOps infrastructure code base using Powershell and Python
• Using best practices & industry standards, develop solid & maintainable scripting & infrastructure tooling
• Work with Development to increase adoption of automation, monitoring, & logging techniques & standards
• Be an advocate and resource for DevOps principles and methodology.
• Handle status updates and be able explain rapidly evolving, complex technical issues
• Triage, document, & escalate product-related issues to Development
• Help secure all aspects of CloudCheckr infrastructure & participate in security reviews
• Develop an understanding & familiarity with new technologies in the DevOps space & assess possible use cases within the CloudCheckr environment
• Performs other related duties as required & assigned
· Experience supporting & maintaining a 24/7 production environment (will be participation in on-call rotation)
· Experience with AWS components such as EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, VPC, IAM, S3 & Elastic Beanstalk
· Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar technology
· Strong experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Powershell and Python)
· Familiarity with C#, .NET, and git
· Good understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodology
· Experience with metrics collection & monitoring, such as Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic
· Familiarity with DevOps culture & practices
· Microsoft SQL Server/writing & updating SQL queries
· Ability to define & document operational processes
· Ability to clearly communicate technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
· Drive innovation, service our customers & treat everyone fairly & respectfully
· Enable & embrace change
· Four (4) year degree in a technical discipline such as Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science
· 2+ years of career experience, or an equivalent combination of education & career experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills & an ability to build strong relationships
· Highly motivated, collaborative & creative
· Strong written & verbal communication skills
· Flexible, agile & open minded with a positive attitude
· Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & adhere to deadlines
· Ability to work well under moderate supervision
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
NYC Residents Only: If the Company determines this role will be performed in NYC, the salary range will be . In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s) *. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
In accordance with NetApp’s Policy, all U.S. employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a reason preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable exemptions and reasonable accommodation must be established.