Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Senior Full Stack Growth Engineer to join our quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Senior Full Stack Growth Engineer on the Product Growth team, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, marketing, analytics and more to improve our capabilities for running experiments that test new product experiences, optimize workflows, and improve metrics tied to user onboarding/activation, engagement, conversion, and retention. You’ll work on connecting the dots and filling in gaps between existing tooling used across departments that track key growth metrics, lead the technical implementation of large and small projects, and help shape our engineering culture and processes.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue.js, SCSS, Webpack, and more. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
To be set up for success in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years total professional experience as a software engineer
- Django or significant web experience in a similar framework
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (like Vue or React) and development patterns
- Experience setting up and using A/B or multivariate testing tools
- Prior experience working on a growth team for a complex, high-traffic website or software-as-a-service (SaaS) application, ideally with large amounts of data
If any of the below also describe you, this could be an exciting opportunity:
- Self-starter: you are proactive about learning a new tech stack, developing your own hypotheses and experiments based on product research and data analysis, and identifying opportunities to improve painful workflows and processes
- Data informed, not driven: you rely on data and optimize for metrics, but also considering qualitative customer feedback to paint a more holistic view of the problem space
- Experimental: you can build quick prototypes to test hypotheses, and you are comfortable with the possibility that solutions may either be integrated or discarded rapidly in the name of improving product growth
- Collaborative: you are comfortable working with colleagues across several functions to help define problems and hypotheses, align everyone on the technical feasibility of solutions, and iterate
- Interest in journalism, news, media or social media
In addition, we’re always looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent communication skills, with an ability to explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and foster a good rapport with teammates
- Take pride in the quality of their code (Your code should be readable, testable, and understandable years later. You adhere to the Zen of Python)
- Work well in a fast-paced development environment with testing, continuous integration and multiple daily deploys
- Have the ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs
- Take a logical approach to problem solving that combines analytical thinking and intuition
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home coding assignment (2-4 hours max)
- A 30 min code review discussion
- Final interview with several team members, including a code discussion
The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 - $170,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.