We're seeking a Lead Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team, driving enablement for MongoDB's developer community. As developers increasingly choose MongoDB as their data platform, you'll be crafting compelling resources and content, igniting enthusiasm, and leading a diverse, global team of talented Developer Advocates. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, you'll empower developers to integrate advanced data capabilities into their apps and solutions. If you're passionate about Data and enjoy fostering a vibrant developer ecosystem, join us in shaping the future of development on MongoDB.
Our Developer Relations teams are distributed around the world and a majority of the group works remotely. This role can work from North America, South America, or Europe locations. Please check out our latest content and activity to see what our team is up to.
We're looking for a Lead Developer Advocate to spearhead our community engagement initiatives. You are a recognized voice in the developer community, known for your expertise and passion for technology. Your recent endeavors include engaging with developers through forums like Stack Overflow and GitHub, where you've shared valuable insights and fostered a culture of learning and collaboration.
With at least 5 years in a technical role, preferably as a developer or in a similar capacity, you have a deep understanding of developer ecosystems and have contributed significantly to open-source projects or community initiatives. You excel at explaining complex technical concepts in simple terms and have a natural ability to connect and communicate with developers of various skill levels.
Collaboration and empowerment are at the heart of your leadership style. You'll work closely with team members at various levels, overseeing content creation, peer reviews, and knowledge sharing. Your focus is not just on individual success but on elevating the entire team, enabling them to be more productive and successful.
- Lead and mentor a team of Developer Advocates and Community Triage specialists, establishing best practices for community engagement and advocacy.
- Utilize your experience in database technologies and programming languages to provide guidance and strategic direction to the team.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to develop effective engagement online strategies for the developer community.
- Partner with other marketing teams, providing insights, to help to craft messaging and strategies that align with our community's needs and interests.
- Support the growth of MongoDB user groups, Champions, and influencer programs, in collaboration with the other Developer Advocates teams.
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role, such as a team lead or technical lead.
- Experience in creating developer-focused content and managing community engagement projects.
- Active involvement in developer communities, with a strong presence in forums like GitHub, Stack Overflow, and other relevant online developer forums. This should include contributions to discussions, problem-solving, and sharing best practices.
- Strong presentation skills, with ability in conducting live streams, or public speaking at events.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (up to 10%).
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Other Jobs from MongoDB
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results