Here at Mindera, we are continuously developing a fantastic team and would love it for you to join us.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll be working on building a large service-oriented architecture in an exciting and thriving industry.
We’re looking for Backend Engineers (Go focus) with at least 5 years of experience who have an appetite for solving complex and interesting problems. Our focus is to develop with high standards, observability, pace and a holistic view of the backend platform in the back of your mind. National and international expected travelling time varies according to project/client and organisational needs: 0%-15% estimated.
This is a hybrid opportunity, you will be required on site at our office in Leicester twice a fortnight.
You're Good At
- Service oriented architectures, design patterns and data structures
- Test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Operational aspects, building and running highly performant applications
- Working with relational and non relational databases
- Leveraging different cloud provider such as GCP or AWS
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and DevOps
You Rock At
- Being self-driven, self-organised and working with little supervision towards a common team and company purpose
- Go programming language and least 1 other backend language, for example, Java
- Building highly concurrent, transactional and resilient services
- Working with different network and communication protocols, HTTP, gRPC, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Building easily maintainable and robust APIs in GO
What you will be doing
- Developing and maintaining features in a collaborative, Agile environment;
- Writing testable code and ensuring the test coverage stays at the agreed level;
- Documenting your code;
- Take ownership of your code every step of the way - from development to deployment and maintenance;
- Diagnose issues in production and devise solutions for them;
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively to complete tasks;
- Be an integral part of solutions design and implementation.