We launched about three years ago with the basic functionality of a bank, and now we’re refining our product and building out new features.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
Thankfully, our customers seem to like what we’ve built so far:
Technically, we’re working on these challenges:
- Frontend — React, Typescript, Redux: Creating a beautiful user interface. We iterate on designs and don’t compromise until we have a great product.
- Backend — Haskell, Yesod, Persistent: Integrating with banking services and third party APIs to accurately track financial data and make payments.
- Operations — Nix, Postgres, AWS: Maintaining a stable, secure fleet of servers.
- Mobile — Swift, Kotlin: We have native iOS and Android apps.
As a backend engineer, you’ll do things like:
- Provide a backend to our mobile and web frontends, to do things like search transactions or send wire transfers
- Integrate with third party APIs, to do things like send checks or validate SWIFT codes
- Build admin tools, to do things like identify fraudulent customers or help manage accounts
While you would primarily work with Haskell, you’d preferably learn enough React and TypeScript to construct simple admin pages. The ideal candidate has done full-stack or backend engineering before, and is familiar with or wants to learn about Haskell.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and all employees receive salary + equity + benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The ranges shared are for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced or more senior than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Salary range for this role is: $150,000-180,000
Salary range for candidates in Canada is CAD 144,000–158,000.